Friday, January 31, 2003

 
Friday

Physical State: awake at 7 (went to sleep at 2, so sleepy)
Mental State: wide-awake shakey
Music: no music at on-site freelance job (thank god they don't have K-Lite on their radio this time, aka K-Shite)
Fashion sense: denim shirt, black pants, the cool shoes

So I'm working today in Burlington at AIC (a mutual fund company). I did some work for them before and they called me in to help because one guy will be away. Tomorrow's my b-day (bidet?) and I'll be 34. Went with Wendy to see this documentary called Standing In the Shadows of Motown. I thought it was just ok, I wasn't blown away by it. They don't really go into detail about the musicians personal lives and I think that that was the thing that was missing from the movie. Its too generalized and there are too many performances of classic songs (more than half the movie is perfomances of classic Motown songs by some people who put their own twist on the classic songs). I think that one on Stax records would be a great doc. This is something that would be interesting to watch on Bravo but I don't know if I'd pay to see it again. No Good Morning Miami last night so no Constance Zimmer :-(

Ok how come they haven't made a film version of Love & Rockets yet? I was wondering that the other day. I think that Terry Zwigoff would be a good director for that after seeing Ghost World a few times. Now the question is who would be Maggie and Hopey (Shannyn Sossamon comes to mind as Hopey). Just think of the soundtrack! The other thing that I think would make an interesting movie is The Exes by Pagan Kennedy. Kind of like a much better version of silly "Satisfaction" with Justine Bateman (so funny to find out that the guitarist in the movie is Britta Philips from Luna all these years later). Where is Justine Bateman these days? You never see her anymore.

Spoke too soon. That woman turned on K-SHITE ("K-Lite FM Hamilton's great soft-rock alternative") and they're playing Phil Collins...ARRRRGH! This is the kind of radio programming that sucks your lifeforce slowly, they should call it everywhere USA radio station. "Just give me some of that goddammed rock 'n' roll, the kind of stuff that don't save souls".

Ok back to it. Later peeps.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?