Sunday, January 26, 2003

 
Sunday Noon

Physical State: congested, weary, dishpanned right hand (from washing dishes)
Mental State: frustrated, bored
Music: Sleater-Kinney - One Beat
Fashion sense: blue adidas sweatpants instead of grey today

So I get this notice in my email from workpolis.com to check out this job at CIBC for a graphic designer. I'm thinking okay, CIBC: big Canadian bank, I've got corporate design experience, they'll pay well, close to home, etc. So I go to the CIBC link to apply for the job, fill out all the skills and information and add my resume to the webpage and then go to enter it into their database and of course the one crucial button on the whole application doesn't work. Of course there's no email or human resources phone number to contact to find out how to apply for the job any other way. Frustrating. I really need to find some work fast because they bills don't pay themselves. Pretty soon I'm going to have to apply for a job at Chapters just so I can stay sane (that is if they're hiring).

I've been trying to learn Macromedia Flash for a little while but the book is so uninspiring (or maybe I like to procrastinate). I'm resigned to spending 3-4 hours at least today to get through it. I'm not going anywhere anyway so...

I thought Jesus' Son was not that great a movie when I watched the tape I made last night. The book was a little better. You can read about it here.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?