Monday, February 03, 2003

 


Blue Monday (aka "Signed, Compulsively Yours")

Physical State: sleepy
Mental State: blue, dreamy Veronique-like adult fairy tale state, a slight tinge of regret
Music: The Smiths - s/t, Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis, Sparklehorse - It's a Wonderful Life
Fashion sense: grey sweats, white shirt

"I am sorry that I cannot say anything more comforting, for active love is a harsh and fearful thing compared with love in dreams" - Father Zosima, Brothers Karamozov

"does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body" - Still Ill

I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice
You can pin and mount me like a butterfly
But take me to the haven of your bed
Was something that you never said
Two lumps, please
You're the bee's knees
But so am I

                  - The Smiths "Reel Around The Fountain"

Such a great album that Smiths one. Man these Manc dudes really age well. It's weird the way things you felt at 16 can come back in a flash when you listen to an old album. Amazing. I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice. Truer words never said. I dreamt about Catharine last night and I couldn't go back to sleep. It got me all weary again. Catharine was a girl that I worked with more than a year ago, a sweet girl from Winnipeg who I had the biggest crush on for a long long time when I worked at CTV. Every once in awhile I have dreams about her and I still think about her from time to time. She always reminded me of Bjork for some reason (one of my all-time biggest influences and pictured above). She had a very shy but charming quality to her that I've never found in anyone. I reread the letter I wrote her that still sits on top of my fridge a year and a half later and it's really still true what I said in it (of course I never gave it to her when I left CTV). Sad really. So it's a blue monday, it's early and I know I won't be going back to sleep after 6:30. In the same dream I was playing a ukele and Babak was performing with two of his students at some pagent (he was playing glockenspiel). They were playing this Smiths song (above). Catharine sat with some other girls to my right with two or three chairs between us. Every once in awhile we would look over at each other and smile without saying anything, then go back to our conversations (sorry Babak everyone in the back was talking during your performance). What a strange start to the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?