Monday, February 17, 2003

 

Brooklyn's Ida

Physical State: groggy
Mental State: scattered
Music: Ida - You Are My Flower
Fashion sense: black sweatshirt, jeans

The mighty Ida from Brooklyn, nice album by Dan and Liz of the band. There's a follow-up to this one by Liz specifically called "You Are My Sunshine" available on Last Affair Records.

So Joanne Loveless is going to be djing tomorrow night at Cinema Classics in New York (a long cold snowy ways away from Toronto unfortunately) so go check her out if you're in the NYC area:

" SUBCULTURE " Tuesdays
9pm+, No cover, 21 & up
Venue: Cinema Classics (212-677-1027)
332 East 11th Street btw. 1st & 2nd Ave, NYC

Contra takes it below the surface for a night of classic & contemporary synthpop, new-wave, postpunk, Britpop, and other audio treats at this popular East Village lounge/screening room/performance space. Suggestions and comments are always welcome.

Special guest DJ Loveless spins on Tuesday, February 18th from 10-12. Expect to hear anything from alluring indie rock & shoegaze to postpunk and Brit. Make sure to check out Radio:Loveless online.

Ok so not much happening today, applied for a ton of jobs again and tried to get this booklet done that I'm working on. I did a ton of variations of the cover and I still don't think the client was happy ( I wish I hadn't spent so much time on the one I liked). It's always the case that the one you throw in at the last minute is the one that a client will like. Wendy called me to ask me if I was watching Joe Millionaire. I swear I was not watching it. I had some of her tasty lasagna for dinner tonight that she let me take home when I was over there yesterday. Friggin' cold today. Sometimes in a Canadian winter you just wanna hibernate, today was kind of one of those days.

Bonne nuite mes amies.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?