Thursday, February 20, 2003

 

Dan Clowes

Physical State: achey
Mental State: sluggish
Music: Julie Doiron - Desormais
Fashion sense: black shirt, jeans

Dan Clowes, sure everyone's heard of him, he's the dude behind the Eightball (ha ha I just realized that had a double meaning) and Ghost World which was made into one of my favourite films. He has recently become a hero of mine after taking out two of his Eightball books from the the library. I find his sense of humour amazing. You can check out more about Dan at the Fantagraphics site here. Not too much going on today. Phone still not ringing about any of those jobs I applied for. I wonder if my phone works (yep). I'm coming to terms with the designation "barista" over "art director" lately. I saw Peter Mettler's film Gambling, Gods and LSD last night and I liked it. It's hard to describe and you should just go see it. The only thing is is that it's 3 hours long (some parts could have used some edits). It's not really a documentary as much as a visual poem, I though the first half was superb. It's not exactly a movie for someone who digs movie stars and things blowing up, in fact I think they'd run screaming of the cinema if they saw it. Maybe it's for you, maybe not. Not for me to decide.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?