Monday, February 24, 2003

 
Physical State: lumbering
Mental State: skittery
Music: Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky, The For Carnation - s/t
Fashion sense: blue sweats, black fleece jacket

Ok so it looks like I've missed adding some Sunday info so I better make amends. I saw this noise band from Montreal last night at Wavelength called The Electric End and man were they different (I'll leave impressions to thine own ears). It was so loud that my ears were buzzing for a long time afterward (I'm sure that would be a compliment to them). I should have known what I was in for when I saw people putting earplugs in. I had the same deer in the headlights expression when I saw my first Mogwai show. The Electric End are made up of two former members of Da Bloody Gashes and it's safe to say they probably don't play weddings, unless you're marrying someone who worships Melt Banana (and you know the senior citizens at the wedding will already be deaf so you don't have to worry about them. If they weren't they would be). You can "hear" more of the Electric End at this link here. You may not like them but damned if you can't respect them. They also run a screenprinting company called Serigraphie Populaire. They have made some very creative screened posters for different gigs, you can check out some of their work here.

Just wanted to mention to anyone who might be in Toronto on March 23 that I am going to be djing at Wavelength (sorry no Melt Banana but maybe Belle and Sebastian, they're so much alike). Feel free to check out the show and support the cause.

In other DJ news, Joanne aka DJ Loveless has announced her rescheduled gig at Cinema Classics in NYC.

Subculture @ Rififi/Cinema Classics
332 East 11th St btw. 1st & 2nd
Nearest Subway: L to 1st Avenue
DJs: DJ Loveless & Contra
Tuesday, February 25th , 9pm+
Price: Free!!!

DJ Loveless (from Radio:Loveless) guest spins this week from 10-12. Expect to hear anything from alluring indie rock & shoegaze to post-punk and Brit.

Afterwards, Contra finishes the evening with classic & contemporary synthpop, new-wave, post-punk and other audio treats at this popular East Village lounge/screening room/performance space.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?