Thursday, March 06, 2003

 

Ok today I'm bandwagoning
for the Tanyas



Physical State: slouchy
Mental State: high-pitched spinning sound
Music: Trailer Bride - High Seas
Fashion sense: black sweatshirt, blue jeans

Yes today I'm bandwagoning (with these girls it seems ok to be). Be Good Tanyas, from Vancouver, have released their new album called Chinatown this week here in Toronto and while I never got into the Blue Horse debut (not sure why) they really are great. Fans of Oh Susanna, Emmylou and Gillian Welch will definitely be into these ladies. Seems that eye liked them too by putting them on the cover of their magazine this week (see above). So yes I'm jumping on a bandwagon by mentioning them but I'll be damned if these ladies don't make some great music. If you say you don't like country or "alternative bluegrass" then you never heard them. so check 'em out y'all. Recommended by your friendly neighbourhood johnny-come-lately. I also wanted to tell everyone how I've fostered a renewed interest in the film Bottle Rocket by Wes Anderson. Not sure if you've seen this flick but it's great. Thanks to those who have made me watch it again (and you know who you are).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?