Wednesday, March 05, 2003

 



Physical State: achey
Mental State: slow
Music: Papa M - Live From A Shark Cage
Fashion sense: green shirt, blue sweats

Saw Almodovar's "Talk To Her" last night and I thought it was very good. He seems to be going more in an emotional direction with his past few films (full of irony and more of the sentimental dark tone). I thought that this was incredibly original and it's great to see a film like this now and then. I felt the same way about his All About My Mother. I thought that Dario Grandinetti had the most expressive sad face that I've seen in a long time. The beautiful Leonor Watling (seen at left in poster) spends most of the movie in a coma, yet she does an incredible job. As does Rosario Flores as the bullfighter. The nice thing about this film is that it deals with how men react to women in a very sensitive and considerate manner. The women have strong roles too (even if they are the targets of affection). This really isn't a Hollywood movie though, because they get it right. Anyone who knows Almodovar films well will love this one. Nominated for best director and best screenplay at this year's Oscars, this film definitely deserves some recognition (you know it's going to be passed over. Sorry for being so cynical). I thoroughly loved this one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?