Tuesday, April 15, 2003

 


Physical State: hot
Mental State: whiny
Music: Xmal Deutschland - Tocsin (yeah a 20 year old cassette, still works well), Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant, Manufacture - The Voice of World Control
Fashion sense: plaid shirt, blue jeans

Today is nostalgic day it seems for the music. I listened to this old old tape of Xmal Deutschland that I had since I was a teenager today. They were kind of like the German Siouxsie and the Banshees. Who knew what they were singing. This was a 4AD release back when that label ruled the 80's. I'm also listening right now to Frontline Assembly's "Tactical Neural Implant". I love "The Blade", what a song. You may know them better by their softer more ambient side known as Delerium. They were like a band of onetime Skinny Puppy collaborator Bill Leeb, total industrial dance, love it. They don't make stuff this dark anymore. I remember seeing them live once in 1988. Similar to Front 242 in a lot of ways but also strikingly similar to Delerium too. I remember listening to "The Blade" at the Cotton Club back in the day. I love the part of the one song where the guy from the tv show says "Frontline" and then it breaks into this incredible heavy beat. As a graphic designer this band in my mind was made for spinning metallic 3d logos (no suprise they had one at their show on a huge screen all the time that spun in various directions). Ah the memories. I think I'm going to go through all my old tapes and see if there are any that I should replace on cd. It's kind of fun to relisten to old stuff. I also pulled out my old cassette of Manufacture's "Voice of World Control", total industrial dance until you get to the incredibly catchy Human League/Heaven 17-inspired "New Decision". Where are all these bands now I ask you? Die Warzau, Front 242, Moev, Cyberactif, Chris and Cosey, Hilt and all that Nettwerk industrial dance stuff from the 80's, all faded into obscurity.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Babak. My condolences to you and your family.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?