Thursday, April 17, 2003

 


Physical State: leaden
Mental State: headachey
Music: Cinerama - Torino
Fashion sense: green shirt, blue jeans

Ok so one day on, one day off it seems. Sorry. I've been really busy doing all these Simpsons-based ads that are appearing around Toronto on billboards and also in transit shelters. Good money. Nice for a change. John asked me if I was interested in going to see the Field-Day Festival but its the same weekend as NXNE (and I'm broke too). As much as I would love to go to New York, I can't swing it. Some of the lineup looks interesting though:

June 7th:
Radiohead, Beck, Thievery Corporation, Spiritualized, Beth Orton, Interpol, Röyksopp, Liz Phair, Tortoise, The Raveonettes, Ben Lee, My Morning Jacket, Gemma Hayes, 22-20s, Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players

June 8:
The Beastie Boys , Sigur Rós , The Roots, Blur, Elliott Smith, N.E.R.D., Blackalicious , Peanut Butter Wolf, The Music , Polyphonic Spree, Le Tigre

go to: http://www.fielddayfest.com/ for more info. Tickets are pricey though. $150 for outdoor concert tickets versus $25 for the NXNE wristband...hmmm hard to compare. I have a suspicion that this year's NXNE is going to be a good one.

In the ongoing retro groove of sifting through my tape collection I listened to a few others that might interest you including Jesus and Mary Chain - Honey's Dead, Nitzer Ebb - Belief and My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - I See Good Spirits and I See Bad Spirits. Some albums age better than others. The whole Wax Trax thing seems a bit dated when you consider where electronic music has gone but its still fun to hear some of the old tracks from my university days.

Tony Dekker/Great Lake Swimmers is playing a solo show at C'est What on Monday night with Tamara Williamson and Junetile. This is a rare opportunity to see Tony sans band and really intimate. Should be good.

Get well soon Claire.







Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?