Wednesday, April 09, 2003

 
Physical State: slight twitch (two coffees in, no luck yet)
Mental State: molasses
Music: Labradford - E Luxo So
Fashion sense: blue t-shirt, grey sweats

Discovered this great site about P.T. Anderson (and I bookmarked it under the favourites at left too). P.T. Anderson is the director of four great films that many of you have probably seen (Hard Eight, Boogie Nights, Magnolia and Punch-Drunk Love). I think about his examinations on human life often and I think he and Charlie Kaufmann are two of the most original people working in so-called Hollywood. An interesting fact that I found out at this site is that he's the son of the Cleveland tv favourite Ghoulardi who was kind of the Count Floyd of Cleveland (albeit I'm sure the movies Ghoulardi introduced were scarier). Another thing that I wanted to draw people's attention to is the Cat Power tour which I haven't got a ticket for now (something about "he who waits is..." inserted here). So if you've been thinking about it, go and get a ticket today because it'll sell out. If I got to see this show it would be I think no. 6 so you know that it's not going to be that different from the others (different band though). I'm sure that with this much attention to the new album that Chan will be back though. Still it's kind of embarassing as I run a mailing list about her and I'm obviously a fan. I guess there's always the scalpers. I've also added a link to Brainwashed which is a fantastic website Brainwashed run by Jon Whitney. Lots of great experimental stuff (like Labradford as linked to above. An album that has the most incredible track titles) and info and even a radio station at Shoutcast. This guy has been supporting the cause for years and deserves some long overdue respect. So check it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?