Tuesday, April 01, 2003

 

Scary News about Cat Power


Physical State: achey
Mental State: slow
Music: Damien Jurado - Ghost of David
Fashion sense: black shirt, blue jeans

This from today's Music Industry Journal:

Chan Marshall Hangs It Up.

Chan Marshall better known as Cat Power has reported recently in an interview that she's no longer going to record nor perform live and has decided to leave music altogether. "I just can't see anyone missing my music and I think I've said all there is to say" she said. This comes as a great shock to the growing number of fans who have given her latest release "You Are Free" a overwhelming response and she seems to be at the height of her career. It is also one of Matador record's greatest sellers of the year so far. Matador boss Gerard Cosloy could not be reached for comment at press time. "The time for Cat Power's music is no more and I regret that I have to quit. I've had a good run and it's time to do something else" Marshall said. She has no immediate plans but it's been rumoured that she will persue a career as a fashion model and act as an advocate for the Republican party. This is of course a total fabrication and you bought it...April Fools.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?