Wednesday, May 28, 2003

 


Physical State: a cold
Mental State: leaden
Music: Mellow Indie Noise (one last time, see below)
Fashion sense: blue t-shirt, blue adidas pants
Book: 1000 Records Covers - Michael Ochs

It is with deep regret that I've found out that one of my favourite Live365 stations will be no more. Thesiger is closing down Mellow Indie and Noise (one of the best playlists out there). I hope that that he can return to the 'net and keep doing something because he has such great taste in music. I urge everyone who hasn't checked out his broadcasts to go to the link (above or in favourite links) and check out his last show.

I also wanted to draw your attention to this book of record covers that I bought on sale. It's called 1000 Record Covers published by Taschen (known for their great art books). What a great resource for anyone who is interested in album cover art, lettering or just gets a kick out of seeing how strange records have been in the past. Michael Ochs also relates them to genres and the history of rock so it's not just a fancy picture book. Really great book.

I have such a lovely new cold today and I've never been busier. Why do these things always seem to happen at the same time?

Many things to get to so I'll cut this short.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?