Monday, February 16, 2004

 

Today's Listens:
London-era Stones (still one of the best)
EBTG - Walking Wounded




Physical State: groovy
Mental State: springy
Music: The Rolling Stones - London Years Box (yes I will return this to my sister...NEVER!)
Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded (Tracey Thorn has the best sad girl voice)
Fashion sense: black hoodie, grey shirt, blue jeans

Finally pulled out this box that my sister lent me (I think it was when I moved out many years ago). London-era Rolling Stones...three cds. They were a great indie rock band at that time (if you don't believe me take a listen to it). Not perfect songs but incredibly timeless. There are so many bands that must have this collection its obvious. I bet even Jack White has one. Andrew Loog Oldham produced this collection and it is my favourite period for Stones music, hands down.

Okay so I'm still around. Been busy doing absolutely nothing it seems. Just wrapping up a few things and starting a new issue of New Century (a Buddhist magazine that I help a friend out with, even if neither of us are Buddhist). Not content to make myself a nuisance to people on Friendster I have also joined on to nerve.com. Why do you have to pay to email someone? Seems really stupid. But I don't make the rules. It is interesting to see what people say about themselves, some people are really creative and others are pretty straight-laced. Vicky says that meeting people in a conventional sense is highly overrated and I would tend to be in agreement (at least that's what I'm saying...maybe I'm just too lazy to get out there and meet people in the winter time). The only downside of these things is that you read about these people, see their pics and really get interested in them and then you contact them and you never hear from them! The same thing seems to be happening at friendster for me lately. I feel like I've pissed off tons of people and I'm not sure why.

Fight Club on DVD and reviews for Wavelength still to write tonight...jeez gonna be another late one...You know I hate when you rent a movie that's a 7 day rental and you get complacent and decide that "you'll just watch it later" only to find that when you actually want to watch it, its due the next day! I think I need to organize things a bit better.

KT you should call me. (sorry couldn't resist, I know I know)

Later all.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?