Friday, March 02, 2007

 
Obsessed with Lee Hazlewood's "Some Velvet Morning"



Physical State: sleepy
Mental State: druggy
Music: Lee Hazlewood - The Best of Nancy and Lee
Fashion sense: black hoodie, blue jeans

I heard this Lee Hazlewood song again on Coast To Coast AM over the weekend when Art Bell was hosting and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since then. What a truly perfect song. My friend Blair talked about having an "art party" that he was thinking of creating where guests would show up with one thing they would talk about to everyone else. Could be a book, a song or a postcard, whateever. Something that mattered to them. I think that this song might be the thing I choose. What an amazing time period this would have been to be making music.

Lee is still at it (despite the fact that his days are numbered with cancer he has been enduring). His new Cake or Death in an amazing new release. Be sure to check it out (including a new version of this classic Lee song, Some Velvet Morning). I think that we'll see more of Lee mania over the next little while.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?